Columbia Gorge Arts and Culture Alliance was established in Fall 2010 to leverage the efforts of arts, culture, and heritage individuals and organizations, organizing them to work together toward a common mission, vision, and focus. Together the alliance:
- Builds capacity with grants from various local and regional sources
- Cooperates in advertising campaigns.
- Coordinates event organizing and scheduling.
- Provides chambers of commerce with our messaging for marketing the region
- Developed website and multi-fold rack-card tour maps highlighting arts, culture, and heritage venues throughout the Gorge
- Developed an umbrella Brand/Logo and tagline that all alliance members use to co-brand.
- Developed a compelling website and Facebook page.
- Organized a ‘Big Bang’ promotion: Columbia Gorge Arts & Culture Month, May 2011.
“To make arts and culture a magnet to the Columbia Gorge, attracting visitors and residents and benefiting our economy.” Columbia Gorge Arts & Culture Alliance (CGACA) will promote the Columbia Gorge as an arts and culture destination region and ensure they play an active and sustained role in ‘Life in the Gorge’: a magnet that will draw visitors and residents and benefit our economy.
-To make the Columbia Gorge internationally recognized as a premier arts and culture region. Promote it well and it will become a destination location for visitors, artists, and culture makers.
-To highlight, maximize and make the economic benefits and vitality of arts and culture recognized throughout the Columbia Gorge.
-To ensure that arts and culture play an active and sustained part in ‘life in the Gorge’ keeping them attractive, involving and accessible.
Focus – To do this we will:
– Focus on cooperative-planning, advertising, communication and branding
– Fund these efforts through member donations, obtaining grants and other fund-raising efforts.
– Initially undertake key strategies and tasks that are executable wins to build momentum.
– Once accomplished we will focus on further activities and foster new ideas.